Monday, October 9, 2017

The PT Journey Continues...

Ephesians 4:16 - "From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."

It's been a little while since I've posted but I felt this was something worth sharing. Today marked the first day of work at my new job at Healthy Baller. This is an athletic training facility which began offering physical therapy about a year ago. Since I began working as a physical therapist, I have only worked for physician owned therapy clinics so this is something completely new to me. My new job will allow me to work with many more local athletes and active adults which is something I am passionate about.

I've only been a physical therapist for a little over two years and never in a million years did I think I would be given this type of opportunity this soon. God truly has blessed me throughout this journey within the field. I think back to PT school when I was at the bottom of my class and seemingly crawling my way to the finish line. It is 100% by God's grace that I have been given this opportunity and for that I am grateful. I now get to work with athletes on a daily basis, regularly grow as a therapist and additionally get to be a part of a growing company. While there will undoubtedly be growing pains, particularly early on, I am eager to face the challenges ahead.

Also, some of you may know that I started a physical therapy Instagram a little while back. I was initially very nervous about starting one for numerous reasons. However, I've had a few former classmates tell me they appreciate the content and have also received positive feedback from friends as well. I can't really express how much it means to me that my friends and peers support what I'm doing and even more so find it somewhat useful. For me personally, the tasks of making these small videos has pushed me outside of my comfort zone and additionally challenged me to grow as a therapist. For those who are interested and would like to follow along my PT journey, feel free to do so @WesleyWang.PT on Instagram.

Lastly, this definitely also wouldn't be possible without my wife, Ashley. The decision to switch jobs was not an easy one because of the uncertainties of working in a smaller company with no benefits and no set salary. I know, I'm crazy right? But she has been very supportive of me pursuing this and I could not have taken this job without her love and support.

Below are a few pictures of the facility I'm working at with my co-worker and boss, Dr. Teddy Willsey. I am very appreciative to him for his willingness to take a chance on me and hiring me to be a part of his team at Healthy Baller. I have learned a lot from him already through his PT Instgram @strengthcoachtherapy and now I get to learn from him daily in person.






The room on the right is the physical therapy office within the facility

No comments: