Sunday, November 26, 2017

Coaching A Community Part 2

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8

"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

This is now my fourth season coaching the CBC women's flag football team and each year we try to build on the next. Josh and I have focused on building a community centered around God's love using football as a platform. Each year the season seems to go by so fast and before we know it, the tournament is over. This season, we were fortunate enough to take home the championship and I could not be more proud of the time. I am proud of them because they played the game the right away, played with good integrity, showed love to one another and came together as a community.

This team genuinely cares for one another and I thoroughly enjoy watching them come together as a team to play on tournament day. I was overfilled with joy when the team started cheering after the final game. I honestly can't put into words how I felt but I do know God's love was present with this team. This team has spent countless hours practicing, spent time time getting to know one another, caring for one another and praying for one another. We grew as a community as the season went on and will look to continue to build on this season. It's always bittersweet once the season comes to an end after spending 12 weeks practicing every Sunday.

While I am far from a perfect coach, I am blessed by the love this team shows to me. They overlook my flaws and my moments of temper and allow me to coach them. I may not be the most knowledgeable but I genuinely care for each member of this team. Sports played a role in me coming to know Jesus which is why I care so much about this ministry. I look forward to more seasons to come and to continue to build on these past seasons.
PC: Tim Ho Photgraphy

The Offense

PC: Tim Ho Photgraphy


PC: Tim Ho Photgraphy


No comments: